Rue du Musée 2
The Protestant Church of Brussels, Royal Chapel, is the oldest Protestant parish in Brussels, located 2 rue du Musée, on the Mont des Arts. On the basis of plans of the chapels of Versailles and Luneville, Prince Charles of Lorraine had this Louis XV – Louis XVI style chapel built under the direction of architect Jean Faulte in 1760.
PALACE OF THE
Rue Ducale 1
The Palace of Academies was built on the site of the Park Abbey Refuge. Its construction spread from 1823 to 1828. This neoclassical building is the work of architects Charles Vander Straeten (1771-1834) and Tilman-François Suys (1783-1861). It was originally the residence of Prince William of Orange in Brussels during the Dutch period (it was then called Palace of the Prince of Orange).
Rue de la Régence 30
The building of neo-renaissance style that it occupies today at the rue de la Regence was built between 1872 and 1876. Composed of three bodies inspired by the Louvre’s Lescot wing, arranged around a courtyard of honor it is the work of Belgian architect Jean-Pierre Cluysenaar.
The Conservatoire has a concert hall with exceptional acoustics. Napoleon III style and equipped with a Cavaillé-Coll organ, it is considered one of the best concert halls in the capital.